Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mystery Solved?

A couple years ago, well 2009, a nice businessman sent me a friend request on Facebook.  I am always at different fundraisers and networking events, so I thought nothing of not remembering exactly where I had met him, but knowing I did infact know him.  I accepted the request and we chit chat at random.

About a month ago he sends me his contact info and asks if we can have coffee or lunch sometime.  I said sure, and that I would check my schedule.  I was busy at the moment and three weeks later, we scheduled lunch.

Last Friday we had lunch, it was just small talk about business and current events - nothing Earth shattering.  It was pleasant talking to him and legitimately learning more about his business.  Because I am scatterbrained, it took me until today (Tuesday) to thank him for lunch.  At random, he throws this into conversation:"So this may be an awkward moment, but did you and I hook up once when you were in college?"  ** DING DING **  Well, now that we have that little tidbit out in the open - I have to admit that I wasn't sure.  He reminded me, yep.  He remembers.

Anyone have the first clue as to what I am supposed to do with this newly gathered information?

The rational version of my brain wants to say he was just clearing the air.

The woman version of my brain wants to say he was casting a net.



No comments:

Post a Comment